Group therapy isn’t just individual counselling in a group.
Group therapy has its own techniques, its own processes, and its own strategies. Fellow group members provide support, feedback, and positive modeling while also challenging you. Group counselling is an ideal counselling experience for trauma survivors and teens who struggle with transition and social integration.
The top five advantages of group therapy:
- Groups reassure that you are not alone. Being part of a group of people who have similar experiences helps you see that what you are going through is something anyone can experience.
- Groups are safe places to try new things. All members in a group are united in a common goal so you gain a sense of belonging and acceptance with group therapy without fear of failure or criticism.
- Groups encourage you to share. Sharing feelings and experiences with other members in group therapy can help relieve emotional pain, guilt, stress, or other unwelcome feelings and thoughts.
- Groups can enlighten you. The work you do in a group helps you realize that you are responsible for your own life, your own actions, and your own choices. Group counselling is a truly transformative experience.
- Groups help promote change and growth. By observing other people in group therapy, you can receive helpful feedback from other group members. These varied perspectives can help to promote change and growth.
At Boreal Wellness Centres members join a group and stay with that group from the beginning to the end. These are called “closed” groups and you work with the same people until the sessions are over.
Want to learn more about our group therapy programs? Learn more about our group programs for anxiety, depression, trauma and teens.
Want to know when the next group starts? Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact us and we’ll help you choose the right group therapy program for you.